Monday, July 8, 2013

July = Music Month

I didn't plan it this way, but Luglio is turning out to be chock full of concerts and excellent music.  It's kind of surprising that I'd be going to so many concerts given that Manilow is not going to be in Italia anytime soon, T-Swizzle's current tour is North America only, and Katy Perry's last European show was in early April.  Despite the absence of any of these all-time faves, there's right now a lot on tap.  

This Thursday is Bruce in Roma.  It'll be my first Springsteen concert and I can't wait to see what all the hubbub has been about for these past 30+ years.  Then, this weekend, in Tuscany, I'm going to see Andrea Bocelli sing at an outdoor concert in his hometown of Lajatico.  That should be amazing, si?  And then, on July 25, I have tix to see Ennio Morricone directing an orchestra right here in Roma that will be playing his own compositions.  That is I think going to be the highlight for me.  

The Boss, the most popular Italian singer in the world, and perhaps the greatest composer of film scores who has ever lived.  It's a combination to which I look forward!  You'll hear about it right here, so stay tuned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment