Friday, July 12, 2013

"The First Kick I Took Was When I Hit The Ground!"

Now I get it.  Now I see the light.  I am a convert.

Went to the Bruce concert last night.  This was part of the "Rock In Roma 2013" concert series.  The venue was the Ippodromo Delle Capannelle (which doubles as a horse-racing track for its day job).  Bruce came on just before 9:00 p.m. and played until around 12:30 a.m.  It might be sacrilege for me to say this (given the 12 Manilow concerts I've attended), but this was probably the best concert I've ever seen.

Seeing and hearing Bruce perform encores of "Born In The USA," "Born To Run," and "Dancing In The Dark," while tens of thousands of Italians screamed along with every word in English, was 12 minutes of pure awe.  This night was clearly among the handful that I'll remember most from my anno sabatico.  For a child of the '80s (OK, a teen of the '80s), it was religious.  I was lost; but now I'm found.

Off soon to Tuscany for Andrea Bocelli tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment