Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Next Stop: La Grassa ("The Fat One")!

Rome is seriously emptying out.  I heard that this was going to happen -- everyone leaves for August.  And, while that might not have been true at the very start of the month, it has now become apparent.  There are still tourists around, si.  But the same streets and piazzas that have been mobbed for the past couple of months, are now oddly serene throughout the day.  Romans head in droves at this time of year for the coast or to islands.

So, you ask, what do I have planned?  Naturally, I'm headed tomorrow for a quick 2.5 day trip inland.  I'm going to Bologna, where today's high was 102 degrees, but where the trend is in the right direction -- i.e., tomorrow's forecast high is 97, and it's supposed to dip on Friday to a brisk 91.

Anyway, everyone raves about Bologna's food legacy.  In fact, I have now learned that Bologna is so renowned for its excellent cuisine that it's nickname is La Grassa: The Fat One!  How good does that sound?

I may therefore be sweltering for the next few days; but you know I'll be eating well!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see food pictures...that is really your niche.

    ReplyDelete