Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cucina Coreano (Korean Food) In Roma

I'm not just fascinated by the cuisine of my own ethnic group in Roma.  As much as it hurts to skip a night of pasta, I have enjoyed checking out the local restaurants serving Asian cuisines.  Unfortunately, I've been underwhelmed by these forays so far.  I was not that impressed by the cucina cinese I've had or by the cucina giaponnese.  Last night, I went with a couple of friends for Korean food in the Esquilino neighborhood near Termini.  Much better!



It helped that they had probably my two favorite Korean dishes: bibimbap and dukboki.  They were not brilliant, but both were pretty solid.

The dukboki is not on the menu.  But you can ask for it.  


Even better, on the way out, I asked about whether they served a Korean/Chinese dish that has long been a favorite.  It's my understanding that typical Korean restaurants don't have it; only the Korean/Chinese ones do.  But the Gainn staff said that, although it's again not on the menu, they do serve chajangmyeon.  I'll definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment