Sunday, September 1, 2013

The European Space Expo: A Stellar Soporific

I thought this was going to be immensely cool.  Right in Piazza del Popolo -- a stone's throw from my pad -- there is an exhibit this week for the "European Space Expo."  Learning about what's going on in space science right at the foot of the Villa Borghese seemed like an excellent idea.  



Not so much.  

I expected to see exhibits on time travel and about the hunt for extra-terrestrial life.  Maybe some incredibly awesome photos of Saturn, Jupiter, or more distant planets outside of our solar system.  Instead, most of the exhibits concern touchy-feely/granola-crunchy topics like climate change and saving energy.  Zzzzzzzzzzz.  I saw that a talk was scheduled for 4:00 p.m. on Saturday about protecting the earth from collisions with asteroids -- that held some promise.  To my chagrin, the talk was in Italian.  Rude, si?  


Well, in any event, if you're in Rome this week, I think this is one you can skip.  I believe that it's a traveling exhibit too -- so, if you see it elsewhere in Europe, stay away.  Unless you're running low on ambien......

No comments:

Post a Comment