Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Branching Out

One of the things I like most about my Italian friends is that -- although they live in the country that has historically made perhaps the most stunning contributions to the arts -- they love taking in cultural works from other countries.  For instance, Valentina (my summer tutor) invited a group of us on Friday night to go watch a 3-person group play traditional Indian music.  The group consisted of 2 Italians and 1 German, but they go study music in India for a few months every year.  For me, this was quite different.  Take a listen below and you'll see/hear.  



On Sunday night, the music was a little closer to home.  I went with Valentina, Paola, Xeno, and Armando to listen to a symphony from Romania play classical music in a beautiful little church right in the center of Roma.  (Truth be told, I liked this music much better -- I didn't want to take video while in a church, however.  Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment