Monday, November 11, 2013

Wheels Up: One Last Trip

When this adventure started, I had loose plans about cities and regions that I wanted to visit.  I very much wanted to spend some time in Scandinavia.  Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki, and Reykjavik were all on the list -- and those are just the cities.  Who knew that I'd have so much fun in Italy and in the other places I've gone, and that I'd be nearing the end of this trip with no visits -- so far -- to any place in Scandinavia?  (Note: I understand that there is debate over which countries count as "Scandinavian."  I have a friend of Swedish stock who maintains adamantly that neither Finland nor Iceland qualify.  I'm not wading into that debate; but, for purposes of this blog, I'm including Finland and Iceland.)

That changes tomorrow morning.  I'm headed for 72 hours to Helsinki.  Very psyched to take this blog to Finlandia.  If any of you have recommendations for restaurants, foods to try, bars to hit, or other sights to visit, please shoot me a heads-up.  I'm definitely trying reindeer -- and I think I'm ready to venture into the Nordic sauna scene despite a less than satisfying experience at that Turkish bath in Istanbul.  When you fall off of a bicycle.......

No comments:

Post a Comment