Sunday, March 24, 2013

Eataly Revisited

I also went back on Friday night to Eataly Roma.  (I can hear some of you cringing.)  Had a blast.  The place was packed.  There were young people (like me!), old people, couples with kids, couples without kids, big groups, small groups, etc.  And, to my eye, it seemed like these were Romans, not tourists.  There was lots of eating and lots of drinking.  And it truly had a buzz.  The whole scene was quite convivial.


There was a cocktail station set up, but it was not looking all that appealing.  Not too many people there.  So I opted for a glass of a vino rosso from Sicily, and for a plate of formaggio and salume.  I was famished, and they were great.

Observation on portion size:  I know we Americans get a terrible rap for the portion size at some of our eating establishments.  Well, when I was getting my food and wine, I specifically told them that it was for uno, and asked if I could have the most poco plate they had.  But I received a massive plate.   (And, before you ask, yes, the staff does speak English.)


 Anyway, I did not complain.  You know.....I felt it would be rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment