Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday Market

Just a little glimpse of the Campo de Fiori morning market.  The weather has been really cruddy (and will continue to be so for several days), so it looks rather gloomy.  Much better on sunny days.




But there was a better selection today.  I found one stall that even had my favorite fruit of all-time: the fabled mangosteen.  They didn't look so hot, so I passed.  After all, as the fruit guy said, they came all the way from Thailand.  (They looked to me like they were of the Vietnamese variety, but I wasn't going to quibble with the guy.)  The truth is that it's hard to find good ones even in the Bay Area, so I'm not surprised that they appeared sub-par.

Also finally found a giallo (yellow) bell pepper that wasn't one of those massive gnarled scary-looking ones.   That I grabbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment