Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fat Tuesday

Antonio (the apartment manager) came by this morning to go over some business, primarily whether I really want to stay in Roma for an additional three months (through August) and, if so, which apartment I'd want. (This one may not be available.)

After our negotiations, we went to a high-end Sicilian pastry shop to which he'd introduced me for an espresso and some treats. The pastries here - where we ate last week too - are sublime.

Here is the cannoli he had (my traditional fave) and the "Dolce dell'Etna" that I had (my new fave).

Cannolis and Dolce dell'Etna on display.

Our specific prey.
I'd never heard of Dolce dell'Etna before, but it is kick-ass. And, it's of course named for the volcano on the east coast of Sicily. I drove up to almost the top of Etna two years ago, but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment