Friday, March 8, 2013

First Negroni

Went to a fantastic wine bar (or "enoteca") on Wednesday night.  It's called "etabli."  (See http://www.etabli.it.)

It's just a few blocks from Piazza Navona, and it has a great vibe.  There is also live music Tuesday-Thursday.  On this night, there was an amazing 3-person little symphony playing.  Two violin players and a cellist.  (Actually, I have no idea if that was a cello.  But it was one of those string instruments whose name I don't know.)  If you visit, the odds are high we'll go there.

I didn't actually try the wine.  I instead couldn't resist the impulse to, finally, try my first Negroni on Italian soil.  It lived up to expectations, although I must remember to order them "up."

Next up: gotta have a "Cynaroni" -- a Negroni in which you substitute Cynar for the Campari.

No comments:

Post a Comment