Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Enabling My OCD

Brother Oomps (Gregg) and Sister-in-Law (SIL) Irene were nice enough to ask me a couple of weeks ago if I wanted them to bring me anything from Stati Uniti.  I said that I pretty much had everything I needed but that, if it wasn't too much trouble, there actually was one minor thing that I'd not yet found in Rome.

Yes, you guessed it.  I had so far not been able to find any Purell here.  You know, the hand sanitizer stuff.  It's not like I'd looked that hard, mind you.  But whenever I looked in a grocery store or a farmacia, I could not find that gel of the gods.  Even Eataly did not have any!  I told them that, if they were in a Walgreens/CVS, it'd be awesome to have a couple of little bottles -- emphasis on "couple" and "little."

Well, guess who will now have the cleanest hands in Roma?  Here's what I got:


This should keep my hands clean for several anni sabbatici.  I may even start showering with the stuff.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. Purell dooes exist in Italy, but less common than Amuchina, which you can find everywhere. Basically the same thing, different brand: http://www.amuchina.it/pagine/gel_igienizzante_mani.asp

    ReplyDelete