Saturday, March 30, 2013

Quick Trip To Florence

Oomps, Irene, and I did a back-and-forth to Florence on Wednesday.  It's really not enough time; but it is better than nothing.  I hadn't been to Florence since 1998, and I forgot how easy it is to get there and back.  The fast-speed train is only 90 minutes each way.  And it's really an easy trip.

I'd also forgotten just how jaw-droppingly cool that Duomo is.  I love it.



There were a bunch of highlights that we packed into just that afternoon and early evening.  We probably spent the majority of our time staring at that David.  But, truth be told, even the fake David is pretty cool.  The sunset over the Arno also stood out: it looked just like a painting.


You can't take pictures of the real David.  But this replica ain't too shabby.  
Another highlight for me was having my first cappuccino.  I'm really branching out!


1 comment: