Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Buona Pasqua Grecia!

My nephew Sam's bar mitzvah was not the only big event this past weekend.  Sunday was Greek Easter.  My parents and I spent the day up at my brother and sister-in-law's place, where Irene's family gathered for their Easter.
It reminded me that Italia is not the only Southern European nation that rightfully boasts of its incredible desserts.  Irene's peeps brought over a bevy of delicacies - not just baklavah!  Here are a couple of images:


The baklavah - especially its lower half, to where most of the honey seeps - was sublime.  My epiphany was that, if I ever open a Greek bakery, we will offer the lower half of baklavah on its own.  I think that is an inspired idea, even if perhaps derivative of the "muffin tops" episode on Seinfeld. 

No comments:

Post a Comment