Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dubrovnik Bound

The long weekend in NY was fab.  Sam nailed his bar mitzvah service: he recited in flawless (as far as I could tell.....) Hebrew his portions of the service, and did so while barely looking down at the text. We were all incredibly proud. And, now that I've seen his performance, my push to make him the family's next lawyer will begin in earnest!

I just arrived in Dubrovnik.  I got to my hotel too late in the day on Tuesday to do any real exploration - and I'm exhausted in any event!  But I pledge that you'll get some excellent visuals from Dubrovnik tomorrow.  I've been trying to get to Croatia since 2005, and I'm excited to see it. 

I did take a few pics from my hotel this evening.  I'm staying in the Lapad area.  This is about a 10-minute bus ride (or 40-minute walk) from the Old Town, and it's more tranquil than staying in the Old Town itself.  The scenery is amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment