Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Off The Grid

The next handful of days may be a slow period for me in terms of blogging.

My nephew Sam's Bar Mitzvah service is on Saturday on Long Island.  This is not something I could even conceive of missing, and so I flew from Rome to JFK today.  Just landed a few hours ago.

I hope nobody is offended by this but, uhhhhhh, suburban Long Island just does not lend itself so well to the adventures or insightful analysis that you expect from me.  And so I'm probably not going to even try.  In other words, the next few days might be a good time for you to catch up on the NBA playoffs or those last couple of Mad Men episodes.  But I promise to be back soon: I fly on Monday night (New York time) to Croatia, and will touch down in Dubrovnik next Tuesday evening (Croatia time).

Actually, on the other hand, maybe I'm selling the culture and cuisine of my hometown short.  Momma Pernicioni wanted me to feel at home as soon as I arrived from the airport.  Our first dinner:


Baked Ziti!

Family records show that this baked ziti has been cooked by Pernicks since as early as 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment