Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hvar Town

Hvar is Croatia's most glamorous island.  Hvar Town in particular is famous for its jet-setting scene, yachts, parties, and celebrity-sightings.  I think, however, that this all must not start until June or July.  Not that I'm complaining.  With my travels from continent-to-continent and back, I could use a few days to laze in the sun.  It turns out that, although it's famous for its night-scene and paparazzi, Hvar Town is pretty serene at this time of year -- and the weather is nice: low '70s.  All in all, Hvar Town has been perfect for some R&R.

Hvar Town and its harbor are also quite picturesque.



The view from the courtyard of a Franciscan monastery from the 1400s.  



Statue right outside that 15th century Franciscan monastery.
View from my hotel room balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment