Saturday, June 1, 2013

Some Stray Photos From The Week That Was

Here are some random pics that I didn't get a chance to post earlier in the week:

A friend invited me to a gala opening party for a trendy hip hair salon in Testaccio.  It was definitely the coolest scene I'd ever seen.  I felt like I'd stepped into a party with the cast from Mad Men.
I was on the scene when this prominent Roman politician left a meeting and was mobbed by the press.  Trouble is, I forget who he was and why he's so much in the news now.  I'll have to ask Paola again.  
This is interesting.  It's the second time I've seen plaques like these on a sidewalk in Rome.  This time, it was in the Flaminia area just north of Piazza del Popolo.  When I saw a similar set of plaques on a sidewalk in Monti a couple of months ago, my friend explained that an artist was putting these down in Rome in front of houses in which Roman Jews used to live before they were deported and killed by the Nazis.  I need to learn more about this.  
A scene from Volpetti, a foodie destination -- like Zabar's! -- in Testaccio.  Yonkel and I stopped in here during our walking food tour of Testaccio last weekend.  
More from Volpetti.  

And more.  

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe a post about a "trendy hip hair salon," which has to be the blogger equivalent of a slow pitch over the center of the plate, elicited zero comments. Was this a test to see if anyone's really reading this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just you and me, Bryan, just you and me!

      Delete
  2. A food tour of testaccio...... Why did i never hear about this? Are you trying to hide something?

    ReplyDelete